Public Record Requests
Public Record Requests
Instructions For Requesting Records
(California Public Records Act, Govt. Code Sections 6250-6276.48)
- In order to expedite your request, requests for records should be in writing (verbal requests are accepted as well). Requests will be processed within 10 days from the date received. A Public Records Request Form can be faxed to you by calling 661-297-1600. A form is also available on the Agency’s web page at https://www.yourscvwater.com. Select the “Contact Us” menu, followed by the “Public Records” menu. Requests may be submitted by facsimile to 661-297-1610, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Requests must be for records prepared, owned, used, or retained by the Agency (Gov. Code Sec. 6252(e)). Requests should be for clearly identifiable records. If necessary, the Agency will assist the requestor in making a request that describes reasonably identifiable records (Gov. Code Sec. 6253.1). Copies will not be provided if disclosure would infringe upon a copyright, trade secret, or is otherwise exempt in accordance with state law.
- You will be notified within ten (10) days whether your request seeks copies of disclosable public records prepared, owned, used, or retained by this Agency.
- If the search for records finds the records voluminous, you will be notified of the approximate number of pages and/or length of time it will take to process your request.
- If your request is to review records, rather than receive copies, the Agency will notify you once the records are gathered, and arrangements will be made for your review.
- For further clarification please refer to the California Public Records Act (California Gov. Code Sec. 6250 et seq.).
If you have questions pertaining to the submittal of a Public Records Act request, you may contact the Agency, 661-297-1600, Monday through Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Our Fax number is 661-297-1610. Our email address is email@example.com.
NOTE: Requests for utility drawings and information should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click this link to visit our Utility Requests page for more information.
- -Administrative Services
- +Board of Directors
- +Customer Care
- +Doing Business
- +Human Resources