Water Saving Actions & Resources
Water Saving Actions & Resources
Top 3 Ways to Save Water in a Drought
To save water during the drought, we all have an important role to play no matter where we live, work or play. We’re all stewards of this precious resource. Here are the top tips to jump-start your water savings:
- FOCUS ON EFFICIENCY. Aim for the most benefit with the least waste.
- FIND AND FIX LEAKS. Small leaks can add up, but a regular inspection can help minimize and prevent them.
- REPORT WATER WASTE. Neighbors and businesses may not even realize they have a leak, overspray, run-off or other wasteful condition. Help save water by reporting water waste in the SCV, so we can make every drop count.
Click here for more water-saving tips!
SCV Water Drought Saving Actions for Residents, Businesses and Landscape Customers
Start by turning a few simple water-saving practices into habits and soon, you’ll be living that water-saving lifestyle!
More than half of an average home’s water use is outdoors. So look for ways to water more efficiently in your outdoor landscape, and you’ll see your water savings grow!
- Convert to high-efficiency irrigation equipment and save up to 131 gal/day
- Swap your water-thirsty lawn for a water-wise landscape and save up to 375 gal/day
- Fix irrigation leaks and save 12-15 gallons each time you water
Try these ideas for adding water-saving activities into your daily routine!
- Fix indoor leaks and save 27 – 90 gal/day
- Take 5-minute showers and save 12 gallons with a high-efficiency shower head
- Use full loads and water-wise appliances to save 5 – 45 gallons per dish or laundry load
Businesses, schools, HOAs and irrigation customers – water savings opportunities are everywhere, including where you learn and work!
- Schools and businesses get a free site survey to discover water-saving opportunities—up to 320 gal/day
- Large landscape/HOAs, a free site survey could find savings of 7,000 gallons per 1,000 square feet
- Convert to high-efficiency irrigation equipment to save up to 131 gal/day
- Swap your water-thirsty lawn for a water-wise landscape and save up to 320 gal/day
We are in this together! At the links below, learn more about the drought at the state and local level, as well as resources we have to help you save water. You’ll find everything from irrigation tips to rebates to easy steps every customer can take to become more water-efficient.
- Water Efficiency Tips
Did you know more than half of an average home’s water use is outdoors — and up to half of that is wasted. We offer lots of step-by-step tips and easy to follow videos for detecting home leaks, fixing a toilet and checking your irrigation system.
- Yes! There’s a Rebate for that!
Residential and commercial customers can get rebates to:
- Upgrade to more efficient irrigation, including smart controllers, drip irrigation, high-efficiency nozzles, and (commercial only) pressure regulators
- Replace turf with water-wise landscaping
Find the right rebate for you!
- Water-Wise Learning and Resources
Learn how to keep your garden in tip-top shape and save water in the process.
- Virtual Garden Classes: Learn about gardening and conservation in the SCV, right from the experts.
- We also partner with several community organizations to make additional water-wise information available to our customers:
- Yes! We can help you get started!
Check out these free resources:
- Your Water
- +Water Sources
- Water Cycle
- +Watershed Planning
- +Water Quality
- +Plans and Reports
- Groundwater Sustainability Agency
- -Drought Ready SCV