SCV Water is developing a Sustainability Plan that focuses on effective and efficient organizational resource management with a goal to work toward sustainable operations. The Plan will outline strategies and actions that align with our key business sectors and core operational pillars:
Core Operational Pillars
- Reliable and Resilient Operations
- High-Quality Water & Resources Sustainability
- Cost-Effectiveness & Efficiency
- Transparency & Accountability
Key Business Sectors
- Energy & Transportation
- Materials & Waste
- Land & Ecosystems
- Infrastructure & Assets
Once completed, the Sustainability Plan will be a comprehensive roadmap that will measure and track our sustainability performance by analyzing current sustainability efforts, historical energy, water, and other resource consumption, greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, preparing a forecast of future GHG emissions, setting a reduction target for reducing emissions consistent with applicable state policies, and identifying strategic investments and impactful sustainability projects SCV Water can implement to improve its sustainability status in support of our mission and vision.
The Plan is anticipated to be completed by August 2022.
Board of Directors
Special Meeting – Tuesday, May 24, 2022
Purpose: To learn more about the goals and objectives for a new Sustainability Plan to be developed.
Public Workshop – Monday, July 25, 2022
Purpose: For members of the public to learn about the Agency’s sustainability efforts and to provide feedback on the planning process to develop a sustainability plan that focuses on effective and efficient organizational resource management with a goal to work towards sustainable operations.
Recording of the July 25 Public Workshop
In addition to the public workshop, the public may submit questions and comments via email to email@example.com.
- General Definition – sustainability meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs. (Brundtland Commission, 1987)
- Working Definition – adopting business strategies and activities that meet the needs of the enterprise and its stakeholders today while protecting, sustaining, and enhancing the human and natural resources that will be needed in the future. (International Institute for Sustainable Development, 1992)
- Your Water
- +Water Sources
- Water Cycle
- -Watershed Planning
- +Water Quality
- +Plans and Reports
- Groundwater Sustainability Agency
- +Drought Ready SCV